Yep, seven years ago, I got the news I never thought I would hear but it was also the greatest gift. You see, cancer saved my life and here are my 7 reasons why:
- I learned to be still and focus on me.
- My relationship and faith in Christ deepened.
- I learned to meditate to be present and find clarity.
- I learned how to say “No”.
- I stopped sweating the small stuff.
- I am reminded my “Village” is strong, loving, gracious, and supportive.
- I realize God has more work for me to do and I give myself permission to live my truth authentically and to inspire others to do the same.
For those fighting the fight, I pray you find these gifts along your journey
For the survivors, stand on your story, not in it!
As always, we honor those who have been taken too soon.
Please get your mammograms and be breast self-aware! Know your body!
THRIVE—DON’T JUST SURVIVE